The only training we are benefiting from is the training we are recovering from (Assoc Prof Shona Halson, Episode 190 The Physical Performance Show).
Learn the practical how to's, scientific why’s, and enjoy some myth busting!
Dr Shona Halson has been touted as the ‘world’s leading expert on athlete recovery’. Shona was the Director of the AUS Olympic Committee Recovery Centre at the 2008, 2012, and 2016 Olympic Games. Dr Halson was a Senior Exercise Physiologist/ Recovery Scientist at the Australian Institute of Sport for 15yrs, and has in excess of 100 scientific papers to her name. Dr Halson has consulted with some of the world’s most loved and well known brands, teams, and organisations including Nike.
During this 3 hour Livestream acclaimed Recovery Scientist Shona Halson (PhD) will covers the following 4 sessions:
- Session 1: Fundamentals of Recovery
- Session 2: Recovery Periodisation & Adaptation
- Session 3: Sleep Science: Optimisation & Essentials
- Session 4: Recovery Science MythBusters
On-demand access to a recording of the livestream is available shortly after the event for those that want watch again or missed the event.
- Pdfs of slides
- A recorded copy of the Livestream
Webinar is ideal for:
- Coaches (all levels: junior to elite)
- Athletes (all levels-especially endurance athletes: runners, triathletes, rowers, cyclists, swimmers)
- Health and medical professionals (exercise physiologists, physiotherapists, sports physicians, specialists)
- Fitness professionals (personal trainers, strength & conditioning)
- Students (health, exercise, sports sciences)
Free access for The Physical Performance Show Patreons
Become a TPPS Patron from just USD$5 per month and support the Show’s production.
About Associate Professor Shona Halson (PhD)
Dr Shona Halson is an Associate Professor at the School of Behavioural and Health Sciences, Australian Catholic University. Previously, Shona was a Senior Physiologist at the Australian Institute of Sport for 15 years. Shona has a PhD in Exercise Physiology and has over 100 peer-reviewed publications in the areas of sleep, recovery, fatigue and travel. Shona is an Associate Editor of the International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance and Shona was selected as the Director of the Australian Olympic Committees Recovery Centre for the 2008, 2012 and 2016 Olympic Games. Shona consults regularly to world’s leading brands including Nike and the Australian Open Tennis Tournament.
Dr Halson’s Expert Edition of The Physical Performance Show (EP190) is one of the most downloaded Episodes.