In episode 305 of The Physical Performance Show Brad Beer shares the highlights and best of sections of the 2021 TOP 10 Expert Editions.
It is that time of year where we look back at the calendar year, and we review some of the highlights of our expert editions.
We’ve just looked straight at the data, that is, the number of downloads per episode and today we review the top 10 most downloaded expert editions of 2021.
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- Brenton Ford – Effortless Swimming, Optimising your Swim Stroke & Performance on what constitutes a good stroke
- Dr Ashar Khan – Specialist Psychiatrist, QLD ADHD & Neurosciences Clinic on ADHD among athletes
- Professor Stuart Warden (PT, PhD, FACSM, FASBMR) – ‘Preventing Bone Stress Injuries in Runners’ on the risk of bone stress injury runners running with high intensity
- Dr Will O’Connor – Sports Scientist, ‘Running with Power’ on using power meters
- Jason Tuori (PT) – Sports Physical Therapist & Running Coach on Mastering the Middle distance runner
- Professor Belinda Beck – (Founder The Bone Clinic) ‘Bone Stress Injuries in Adolescent Athletes’ on variety of bone loads
- Andy Blow – Sports Scientist, Precision Hydration Co-Founder on Carbohydrate fuelling for training & racing
- Olav Aleksander Bu – Triathlon Norway Sports Scientist & Elite Coach, ‘The Science of Triathlon’ on fuelling endurance athletes
- Dr Bradley Neal – Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist, Researcher & Lecturer on Patellofemoral Pain Best Practices
- Assoc. Professor Max Paquette – ‘Running Surface Interactions’
Show Sponsor: POLAR
Polar are a sports technology company who build world class heart rate monitors and GPS watches for people who take their health, fitness and sports performance seriously.
Polar have an incredible heritage. Headquartered in Finland they have been the global driving force behind scientific wearables for over 40 years. They are the pioneers in and world leaders in heart rate measurement technology.
Their products provide you with 24/7 monitoring to enable you to plan better, train smarter, recover fully … so you can be at your physical best.
Coming from the heart of the Nordics, they have the experience, insight, and history of quality, design and innovation which is unparalleled. Worn by some of the best athletes on the planet, we’re very excited to have Polar as a partner here so you can also access their heart rate monitors, watches and training platform.
As a starting bonus, the team at Polar are offering 15% off. If it’s time for you to check out a new heart rate monitor or watch to help improve your performance, head across to Polar.com and use the code TPPS on selected products.
Our aim is to help further your physical performance LEARNINGS through ongoing FREE access to our tri-annually held Livestream events with key performance speakers.
These Livestream events in 2020 have proven to popular across the globe & it’s our pleasure to say THANK YOU for your support of the Show through FREE access vs the usual $49 access fee for the Livestreams and post event recordings.
We have been endeavouring to support the endurance sports community of athletes, coaches, and practitioners since Show launch in 2016 through a weekly outputted Show. As a way of continuing to improve on quality and assisting our audience after 240 Episodes we are appreciative of any patrons that wish to support the Show going forwards through a low monthly contribution.
Keep pursuing your Physical Best Performance.
“A good catch will overcome a lot of flaws in the stroke.” – Brenton Ford
“Hyper focused people are going to struggle with the changes in life and that’s when their ADD catches up with them.” – Dr Asher Khan
“If you can reduce your magnitude of loading just a little bit, then you got a much larger decrease in your bone stress injury risk.” – Professor Stuart Warden
“Go out and start using your power data.” – Dr Will O’Connor
“Don’t prioritise strength training over the key running sessions.” – Jason Tuori
“Spending hours on swimming trainings is actually unloading their skeleton.” – Professor Belinda Beck
“Fuel early and aggressively.” – Andy Blow
“You need to fuel properly, better to over fuel a little bit than under fuel.” – Olav Aleksander
“You don’t see elite runners over striding. – Dr Bradley Neal
“Soft surfaces potentially bad for muscles and tendons, hard surfaces potentially bad for skeletal system” – Assoc. Professor Max Paquette
To follow Dr Ashar Khan
02:25 Brenton Ford
06:30 Dr Ashar Khan
11:50 Professor Stuart Warden (PT, PhD, FACSM, FASBMR)
20:00 Dr Will O’Connor
24:35 Jason Tuori (PT)
27:50 Professor Belinda Beck (Founder The Bone Clinic)
32:40 Andy Blow
41:04 Olav Aleksander Bu
47:02 Dr Bradley Neal
51:29 Assoc. Professor Max Paquette